Blockchain assets are an ideal form of collateral because they are inexpensive to transfer, store, and liquidate when compared to traditional forms of collateral like real estate or stocks. The key innovation of the blockchain is its distributed, peer-to-peer ledger. The blockchain allows for the highly efficient management of collateral in a transparent and publicly viewable manner. This eliminates fraud and greatly lowers transaction costs. Because SALT Lending is built to capitalize on the advantages of distributed ledger technology, we can offer competitive interest rates to borrowers and an attractive risk/reward profile to lenders.
Articles in this section
- What types of loan collateral are approved?
- How do I meet a margin call?
- How am I notified of a margin call?
- What happens if my crypto collateral forks while I have it tied up in a loan?
- What is a blockchain asset?
- Do I still own my asset?
- Why are blockchain assets ideal collateral?
- Why leverage blockchain assets?
- What happens if the market value of my asset changes?
- What address do I send my Bitcoin or other blockchain asset collateral to?