Blockchain assets are an ideal form of collateral because they are inexpensive to transfer, store, and liquidate when compared to traditional forms of collateral like real estate or stocks. The key innovation of the blockchain is its distributed, peer-to-peer ledger. The blockchain allows for the highly efficient management of collateral in a transparent and publicly viewable manner. This eliminates fraud and greatly lowers transaction costs. Because SALT is built to capitalize on the advantages of distributed ledger technology, we can offer competitive interest rates to borrowers and an attractive risk/reward profile to lenders.
Articles in this section
- What types of loan collateral are approved?
- Why is SALT being delisted from exchanges?
- Why does it cost 26 XRP to create a Ripple wallet on the SALT platform?
- How is the price of the SALT Membership Unit determined on the platform?
- Can I buy SALT memberships on an exchange and deposit it to the Platform?
- How to set up your Jaxx wallet to receive SALT Membership Units?
- Where is my asset held for the duration of the loan?
- What is a SALT Membership Unit?
- Where is my withdrawal?
- What are hardware wallets for?