Blockchain assets are an ideal form of collateral because they are inexpensive to transfer, store, and liquidate when compared to traditional forms of collateral like real estate or stocks. The key innovation of the blockchain is its distributed, peer-to-peer ledger. The blockchain allows for the highly efficient management of collateral in a transparent and publicly viewable manner. This eliminates fraud and greatly lowers transaction costs. Because SALT Lending is built to capitalize on the advantages of distributed ledger technology, we can offer competitive interest rates to borrowers and an attractive risk/reward profile to lenders.
Articles in this section
- What is a blockchain?
- What is a blockchain-backed loan?
- Why are blockchain assets ideal collateral?
- Why leverage blockchain assets?
- What is a wallet?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is Ethereum?
- Is Bitcoin secure? Has the Bitcoin network ever been hacked?
- Why is this asset class so volatile?
- With which exchanges does SALT maintain a relationship?