Collateral deposits are stored in our proprietary, multi-signature Secured Automated Lending Technology. We do not lend out your collateral. Our key structure and business architecture ensures that your collateral is safe. Even if SALT were to go out of business, the collateral belonging to our customers would be safe and accessible. For more information on the SALT Collateral Wallet, check out “What is the SALT Collateral Wallet”, an article in our FAQs.
Articles in this section
- What happens if my crypto collateral forks while I have it tied up in a loan?
- What is a blockchain asset?
- Do I still own my asset?
- What happens if the market value of my asset changes?
- How do I meet a margin call?
- How am I notified of a margin call?
- What address do I send my bitcoin or other blockchain asset collateral to?
- What other factors determine when it is necessary to liquidate collateral?
- What bank holidays does SALT observe?
- Does SALT use Member collateral for anything?