When a holder of blockchain assets needs liquidity, leveraging their holdings has several advantages over selling. Most notably, by seeking a loan collateralized by their asset, an asset holder is able to maintain their long position thereby retaining any future appreciation or loss. This strategy offsets the taxable event associated with selling while providing the asset holder with cash to meet spending needs. The choice for blockchain asset holders is often straightforward: sell their holdings, thereby losing their position and paying taxes - or - leverage their assets with SALT.
Articles in this section
- What types of loan collateral are approved?
- How do I meet a margin call?
- How am I notified of a margin call?
- What happens if my crypto collateral forks while I have it tied up in a loan?
- What is a blockchain asset?
- Do I still own my asset?
- Why are blockchain assets ideal collateral?
- Why leverage blockchain assets?
- What happens if the market value of my asset changes?
- What address do I send my Bitcoin or other blockchain asset collateral to?