When a holder of blockchain assets needs liquidity, leveraging their holdings has several advantages over selling. Most notably, by seeking a loan collateralized by their asset, an asset holder is able to maintain their long position thereby retaining any future appreciation or loss. This strategy offsets the taxable event associated with selling while providing the asset holder with cash to meet spending needs. The choice for blockchain asset holders is often straightforward: sell their holdings, thereby losing their position and paying taxes - or - leverage their assets with SALT.
Articles in this section
- Uphold & SALT Lending Partnership
- How do I view my transactions
- Can I get a refund for my SALT?
- How do I create a wallet?
- Why can't you lend in my area?
- Why SALT doesn't run a credit check?
- How does the referral program work?
- Can I borrow bitcoin?
- Does using my blockchain asset as collateral for cash loans avoid a taxable event?
- Where are the notifications settings in my account?