When a holder of blockchain assets needs liquidity, leveraging their holdings has several advantages over selling. Most notably, by seeking a loan collateralized by their asset, an asset holder is able to maintain their long position thereby retaining any future appreciation or loss. This strategy offsets the taxable event associated with selling while providing the asset holder with cash to meet spending needs. The choice for blockchain asset holders is often straightforward: sell their holdings, thereby losing their position and paying taxes - or - leverage their assets with SALT.
Articles in this section
- Why is there a different price for SALT on the dashboard vs the free market?
- Can I get Refund?
- What is a blockchain?
- What is a blockchain-backed loan?
- Why are blockchain assets ideal collateral?
- Why leverage blockchain assets?
- What is a wallet?
- What is Bitcoin?
- What is Ethereum?
- Is Bitcoin secure? Has the Bitcoin network ever been hacked?