In order for an asset to be used as collateral on the SALT Platform, it must meet certain eligibility requirements. First and foremost, it must be a blockchain asset. This means that the ownership of the asset must be recorded on a public or permission blockchain. Digital assets will be onboarded based off community demand. Please email Support@SaltLending.com to request the onboarding of a new asset class. Included in our roadmap is the ability to use a portfolio of assets as collateral for a loan. Examples of eligible collateral include BTC and ETH.
Articles in this section
- How do I withdrawal my collateral?
- What happens if my crypto collateral forks while I have it tied up in a loan?
- What is a blockchain asset?
- Do I still own my asset?
- What happens if the market value of my asset changes?
- How do I meet a margin call?
- How am I notified of a margin call?
- What address do I send my bitcoin or other blockchain asset collateral to?
- What other factors determine when it is necessary to liquidate collateral?
- Does SALT Blockchain Lending use Member collateral for anything?